Providing spiritual resources for those incarcerated
We provide regularly scheduled church services, as well as individual inmate visits. We supply Bibles, Bible study courses, spiritual study materials, and related spiritual non-fiction books to inmates. These are used to stock the TF County jail library, as well as to fill individual requests for these materials.
Our service dates:
- Tuesday Nights
- Saturday and Sunday Mornings
"As a volunteer jail chaplain, I have seen the fruits of our labors many times. Like when a former inmate comes up to me out in the community, with their spouse and children in tow, and happily tells me how they have a steady job, been restored with their family, and gotten plugged in to a good church. That’s when we can really see some of the rewards of sharing the Good News with them."
-from a current jail chaplain
Become a Member
Magic Valley Chaplain Application Process
Twin Falls County Requirements 1-2Magic Valley Chaplain Requirements 1-8
- Complete the Twin Falls County Volunteer application and Submit Volunteer application for approval to [email protected].
- Complete required PREA training.
- With Volunteer application approved submit an MVC Membership Application Packet to include the following documents: Signed copy of the MVC Articles of Faith (Mission, By Laws, Statement of Faith) Letter of recommendation signed by your local church pastor A brief personal testimony describing your faith journey and God’s calling in your life to serve in this ministry.
- Applicant submits MVC Membership Application Packet to MVC Secretary at [email protected].
- MVC Board officer will schedule an applicant interview.
- After the interview the MVC Executive Committee will vote to approve the application for membership.
- The MVC Secretary will Invoice for payment of MVC applicable annual dues.
- Upon receipt of full remittance of payment for all applicable dues, MVC Secretary will notify applicant of accepted status and provide a MVC Chaplain photo ID card for jail entry and a copy of the upcoming MVC Chaplain rotation schedule.
This process applies to applicants seeking MVC Membership. All other requests to serve should be directed to the Twin Falls County Sheriffs Department.
For questions or assistance with the application process, please contact [email protected].
Term of Membership
The term of membership begins on the first day of the month following notification of acceptance for membership.
Membership expires annually on December 31st.
Benefits of your Membership
- Membership allows us to be a functioning 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Enables us to seek funding to purchase bibles and other literature for the inmates which you distribute.
- Enables us to seek funding to support both the men’s and women’s aftercare homes and ministries.
- Enables us to support each other in the jail ministry as a group.
- Gives us a unified voice when it comes to jail issues and policies.
- Provides for non-profit general liability insurance for MVC.
- MVC membership provides for future growth in the Magic Valley of additional jail ministries.
- Our annual MVC membership is just $30. Small cost for your voice in Jail Ministry in the Magic Valley.
Message us for more info
Statement of Faith
The MVC leadership will provide you with the required classes, training and procedures for jail ministry. Chaplains always go into the jail in pairs. You will begin your service in the jail with an experienced jail Chaplain that will teach you all the protocols.
Our ministry to inmates doesn’t stop once they are out of jail; Magic Valley Prison Aftercare provides temporary housing, assistance, spiritual and responsibility training for recently-released inmates (who qualify for our services) to become productive members of society.
Odds are that 70% of incarcerated inmates become repeat offenders and end up back in the prison system. Magic Valley Prison Aftercare works to improve these odds and show former inmates they can walk spiritually and successfully on the outside.